Wednesday, December 12, 2012

The Road to the Golden Globes Part III


After I  completed 100 necklaces for the SWAG bags, it was time to create a necklace that will be on display in the GBK Gifting Suite.  Hmm, I knew that I had to choose a representation of my brand and  a creation  that was versatile for any wardrobe. Hmmm, it also had to be bright and vibrant and easy to photograph. YESSSSS, it came to me....a dichroic glass Tree of Life pendant adorned with handmade glass beads. 
As my hands were quite fatigued from creating 100 engraved Tree of Life pendants, I decided to etch my design with acid instead which for me, is a simpler process. The glass was fused and  refined and the pendant was complete.  I then hung it  from leather cord and attached my handmade beads to the  cord!  DONE....I thought, but not quite!  The most important aspect, the presentation was not complete!

I searched for weeks for the exact presentation that would "showcase" my brightly colored Tree of Life necklace, represent my brand, and not compete with my creation.  Also, it had to represent my style, "Artsy, yet sophisticated" and  be a subtle but interesting addition.  FOUND IT!!!! 
 
 

I am thrilled that I was able to choose a necklace that represented who I am as an artist and a display that truly conveys my brand!  Until the next time...I will be "cookin' with glass."
 

 

4 comments: